View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 10:47 PM   #8
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure what turned me off of the Fantasy world, I just thought to myself one day "They need to create some new races."  But then, nobody did.  So like a good song, once you have the same things going over and over again, all the fantasy stuff just lost its appeal to me.

I started thinking to myself a while after that "Wow, these MUDs are less historically accurate than the movie A Knight's Tale.  They might as well as have 'Tarzan Boy' playing in the background, because that's probably what elves and dwarves listened to."

Anyways, here I am, searching for something without all the ridiculous spells and goblin-bashing.

The biggest problem with a fantasy setting is that there's very rarely anything new. They'll say they've got a new feature, but it's always something you've seen in a book somewhere or even in another MUD, like airships or dragon riding. Unless someone comes up with new things to populate a fantasy world with, I'm afraid I'll be turned off of fantasy for a long time.

And I don't care how many times you change the names, lizard-people, cat-people, and people with wings are always the same.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote