Thread: Posts undeleted
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 10:28 PM   #55
Lasher
Administrator

Name: Derek
Lasher has a spectacular aura aboutLasher has a spectacular aura about
Re: Posts undeleted

I'd have been much more concerned about it if this thread had not been opened to discuss the issue separately. That was a good move, rather than killing the conversation dead it was just moved to a more appropriate location.

Most people posting here are MUD admins or have been at some point. We are all too familiar with those controversial areas of "policy" where you can pretty much count on half your users being ticked off no matter which way you go, the only question being which half.

In a forum it seems "level of moderation" is very high on that list if not #1. Even within the same thread we had people annoyed that any post was edited period, and others annoyed that there wasn't enough moderation.

Most people don't like a stagnant MUD, they want change, until a change affects them in a way they don't like. Most people don't want a completely unmoderated forum, they want moderators to do their job, until it's them being moderated then the moderators must just be clueless and/or biased.

As for me personally, I'm kind of new to this web forum thing so I'm just going to roll with it for a while .... but the previously mentioned idea of a moderator only forum to hash some of this out is a good one imho.
Lasher is offline   Reply With Quote