View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 03:04 AM   #2
Anitra

Anitra is on a distinguished road
You say that you don't like cheating, yet you single out the two that have been caught and exposed for blatant unethical behaviour.

Why? It doesn't make sense to me.

Why not try a free mud instead of a commercial for a change? There are dozens of really good quality free Muds, that are in most ways just as good as the commercial ones, and where money doesn't affect the gameplay in any way. Many of them are very newbie friendly too.

They may not have as big a playerbase as the commercial ones, because they don't have the money to pay for banners and ads. But that doesn't mean they are not quite as good gamewise. Some of them have been on line for 5-10 years, they are stable, balanced, with unique worlds and lots of interesting features, and have a limited but loyal playerbase, where many players have been with them for years.

You don't need hundreds of players on line at peak time to have fun in a mud. If they have 20-50 instead, it will be much less spammy and much easier to find a personal group of friends.  It will get you more easily involved in the plots and Clans, more personal treatment from the imms, and you'll be able to find hunting grounds where someone else hasn't already cleared out the mobs.

Personally I'd choose a smaller mud, free any time.
And I'd most certainly never play a mud where the owner is known to break licences or cheat on voting lists. If they are dishonest in one aspect, do you really think they will run a fair game? Their main interest will be to wheedle as much money as possible out of their players.
Anitra is offline   Reply With Quote