View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 01:42 AM   #8
Dubthach

Dubthach is on a distinguished road
I'm going to sleep now, but I'll reply more fully tomorrow.

Spazmatic, you are absolutely right that there are a lot of muds out there that don't want players like me. Time and again in your post you talk about "only RP muds". If you read my post, you'd see that I don't play RP enforced muds. The only point in my OP that dealt with RP muds was the hair color story. So, um, care to respond in a manner that actually addresses the topic that I brought up? IE, these situations in non RP muds?

In general though, I don't want to play those games that you are talking about. I demand good code and good documentation. Removing help files so that characters will have to bumble around is probably amusing to the admins, but it is not fun for most players. I was targetting any muds that are trying to get new players, and can't seem to get them. There are many, many muds out there that make these basic mistakes. In most cases, I don't think they do it intentionally. Perhaps in your cases, they do it intentionally to drive off loony guys like me who like gameplay and not RP. Which is good, because they succeed and I don't end up wasting time on a game that I won't like.

Dub
Dubthach is offline   Reply With Quote