View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 02:15 AM   #52
John

John is on a distinguished road
The rule was put in place to stop people from being individually rewarded to garner votes. It wasn't put in place to big rewards for those who voted and allow small rewards for those who voted, but to stop all rewards that are only given to those who vote. Your post shows that people who vote are rewarded (however small the reward is) and those who don't vote aren't rewarded.

Should the rule have been put in place in the first place? People argued that rewarding people who voted gave an unfair advantage to those who didn't have an environment that lent itself to allowing people to be given rewards (apparently the most successful rewards were those that had an in-game benefit. Most roleplaying-intensive muds don't have an environment where it is easy for people to be given such a benefit), I don't know if I agreed with that, but it was Synozeer's choice. I'm pretty certain ArmageddonMUD's position hasn't changed in the ranks as a result of the rule so I in hind-sight (for the mud I play) the rule hasn't changed anything.

However I personally think Synozeer should be consistent in his enforcing of the rules he makes. This clarification helps the consistency.
John is offline   Reply With Quote