Old 04-29-2006, 03:34 PM   #34
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye

I'll stand on the outside of the "law" side of the argument, as I have no particularly new insight or speciality on internet software law.

However, I'll recap some points I have made:
The large vocal majority of the MUD community have, over the past few years, shunned Medievia and called it unethical. Certainly the MUD has survived(and made some money) despite this - however, the social barriers set forth in various online text-mmorpg communities have created obstacles and (at the very, very least) social awareness of something our community has deemed as unethical.

You are more than allowed to defend their socially unacceptable activities within our community - just as I could vocally lobby for the abolishment of womens' rights within the American workforce. However, both of us(in our given communities) would meet strong social resistance. Welcome to basic laws of sociology, a subject in which I am considered informed to speak on.

Grouping yourself together with Matt and Medievia(arguably the two most accessable symbols of questionable ethics within the MUD-Community), also brings your own opinion and value-set into the line of ethical fire. Your own agenda or angle are fuzzy, but not particularly important to understand in order to further this conversation.

It is important to understand that scrutiny and judgement is a natural social reaction to actions that take place outside of what our given community has decided is ethical action.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote