View Single Post
Old 06-22-2003, 03:14 PM   #7
Ntanel

Ntanel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Ntanel
MCM is dead, the website is even gone. Consider your money a donation at this point, hehe. Seriously, hoping Thoric will not get mad at me, an underestimation occurred last summer.

Thoric offered new ZMUD registerees a free copy of MCM in hopes to boost sales or MCM via new subscribers. The problem was he understimated how many people buy ZMUD per month and the amount was so great that that it become overwhelming. To top it off, no where as many people as needed subscribed to the magazine to prevent any loss of monetary funds.

I do not remember the exact estimate, but I think it was 25% of those getting free issues would need to subscribe to prevent a downturn. Well, barely 5% bothered to subscribe and the end result was a huge loss of funds. Without the money a 5th issue was not possible and the funds to pay the post office were not there after a first batch was sent out for issue four.

It was a bad decision, some people are going to be upset for a while and if it makes you happy, I did not get my copy of issue four either. There is not much more I can tell you to give you comfort. Unless Thoric wins the lotto, there is a slim chance MCM will operate long enough to produce and ship out issues or refund those who have given money to the cause.
Ntanel is offline   Reply With Quote