View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 04:35 PM   #1
WarHound

Home MUD: Armageddon.org
WarHound is on a distinguished road
Recently I spent 9+ hours on a game, busting my ass to level up and make a few friends. I played this game back in the day, and it was far more enjoyable then. When I commented over globals on my dislike for a few recent changes, I apparently woke the wrath of a couple immortals, who discussed it and decided that my name was not appropriate.

Well whoopty ****ing doo! After 9 hours of gameplay, 10+ other immortals being on while I chatted it up over globals, these two decide I'm inappropriate.

Now, I for one will NEVER return to this hole of a game, and I would very much like to submit a review. While I'm sure it wouldn't be flowery and full of praise, there are alot of great points of the Mud I would like to share with everyone, and of course a few detractors.

BUT, they've removed the review option. Why?

We've all heard the 'Angry FlamersVSNormal Players' review argument, but it still doesn't float with me. Sure, alot of the reviews we read are filled with nonsensical flaming chaff, but there are always the few objective people that will throw in a quality review. I know I have learned to distinguish between these fairly easily.

My question is, why do they get a choice? This is a community for Mudders to come together and find new games, no?

I know that from here on out I refuse to play or even deign to notice ANY game that denies me the right to review them, regardless of the content of my review.

If anyone who remembers Toke from today on their mud, thank your Immortals for me. THey've opened my eyes about a few things.
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote