View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 08:18 PM   #4
WarHound

Home MUD: Armageddon.org
WarHound is on a distinguished road
My post here wasn't really about my own review, but denying us the right to review their mud at all. So, I don't think my post was 'a completely useless review'. If I had been given the oppurtunity, I would have given a fine review, showing both the good and the bad.

Alot of different things went into my ultimate decision to leave this mud for good, the name thing was just what set it off. I understand the need for believable, setting-appropriate names and don't blame them for enforcing their rules. What I do object to is playing there for a few days, logging numerous hours on my character in full view of many many immortals, and then getting deleted {no renames} because I voiced dislike about a small number of their latest changes. I was polite and didn't flame in the least.

Once again, most of us who read the reviews looking for a new mud to play can distinguish fairly easily between a disgruntled player, a n00b with nothing but praise for their pile o' mud, and the seriously objective reviewer.

As I said in my initial post, there is alot about hte mud in question that was fantastic. The theme is one of my favorites, and they've done a fine job with it. Zones and room descriptions are some of the best I've seen and the combat code is almost flawless. On the otherhand, RP is seriously lacking, the pbase is kinda rude and the imms seem to hold alot of double standards...

Even though I was tiffed, I would not have flamed this mud into oblivon, because once again there are alot of fine qualities that others might enjoy. RP isn't in the cards for some people, others might not care to interact alot with the players and Immortals can be lived with, no?

But, instead of accepting and addressing reviews, both positive and negative, they hide from any amount of controversy or criticism.

Once again, this is a community for Mudders to come together and discuss our muds, their virtues and vices, and wether or not we should go to that mud over there. Right?

I'll agree that most of the reviews here are chaff, but there is no reason to allow them to stay in the review list. By removing our right to comment on the listed muds, we're only hurting the community.

Rock and Roll.
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote