View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 10:15 AM   #2
Dovolente

Home MUD: Avendar: the Crucible of Legends
Dovolente is on a distinguished road
I'm a staff member of Avendar: the Crucible of Legends, and will recommend it to you. Avendar meets the criteria you posted, with the exception of an age restriction for staffers. Though we don't have such a policy, and had an unusually mature 16-year-old staffer years ago, all our current 10+ staffers are 18 or over, with the majority being post-University professionals. I'd guess the average age is 26-27.

A topic you will probably want to know about when approaching a new MUD with the goal of becoming a builder is what kind of building tools the MUD has. The building tools in Avendar have had extensive development, with a highly modified OLC and a vastly expanded mob/obj/room prog/script system. The progging/scripting system allows much creativity and interactivity (for example, I'm currently building an area which has a prog-generated sub-area for "battle training", with a randomized layout templates and randomized desc/mob/obj themes).

We require our staff members (including builders) to show some dedication to the game and demonstrate their RP ability; they must also be familiar with the spirit of the game and the players' perspective; thus, you'd need to play a character to level 51 (hero) before submitting a formal application to the staff.
Dovolente is offline   Reply With Quote