Thread: Top 20 muds
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 04:48 PM   #39
Terloch

Terloch is on a distinguished road
As I am sure you all have seen, I have been voicing my displeasure at the monopoly of the top spot here in my latest banner ad for Feudal Realms.  We pay $100 a month to be the sponsor of the site, which I honestly don't mind doing (my wife is another story).  Does it bug the #### out of me, sure.  Did the fake stupid ads on TMC bother me to the point where I blew my own money to call and verify that they weren't true, sure.

I have to agree with a lot of people, my interest (and my players interest) in here is waining.  People don't care as much to vote knowing that there's no way in bloody #### they can compete with large commercial muds with huge playerbases which give in-character incentives for clicking on a few links.  As for added traffic from here, sure we get quite a bit, but we also pay for it.  I don't see ads popping up for all the big ptp muds, I just see them leeching off the traffic here.  And yes, there were veiled comments made months ago about "oh, we're talking about advertising possibilities" and so on, well, I've seen no result of that, just the same folks (and some newer small muds as well) throwing their banners up to try to get something out of the site.

I seriously think Synozeer should just allocate the top spot to Achaea and we just ignore them and have a ranking for "all the rest"...but hey, people have been bitching about this for months now and nothing has changed, so I don't expect anything to happen...

Terloch
Terloch is offline   Reply With Quote