Thread: Top 20 muds
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2003, 09:00 PM   #23
Tavish

Tavish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tavish
But the site is very useful to basically everyone who wants to be involved  the way it is setup right now.
Players looking for muds get a diverse listing of some of the most popular muds out.
Admins receive a free avenue to advertise their mud.
Players can boast about their favorite mud and increase it's ranking.
Synozeer has an excellent way to draw new people to the website.

If by more content you mean listing in order of how good the games are then it can not be done.  I'm not exactly sure how much content you can put into a ranking system.

Between the listings and the database I still believe that TMS has the most eye-pleasing and user-friendly searching routines compared to any other site.  The number of muds that choose to list here is very comparable as well.  Player reviews, forum advertising, website links, pretty much everything you could want from a site if you were looking for a new place to play.  I fail to see how the order in which the muds are ranked on the list at all takes away from these features.

Unless you have 50 different ranking lists for the various models of muds players look for, the list will NEVER be a good way to find exactly what you want, only a list of some available.   A refined database search would be the equivalent of a Google search and that is readily available to anyone.
Tavish is offline   Reply With Quote