View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #31
Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: In defense of all MUDs. Our genre's noteworthiness is being questioned.

And you probably shouldn't stick your hand in a hornet's nest to acquire hunny. Especially if you don't need it or care about it it all.

Take note blair that your post and account don't automatically get deleted here even if we do jump on you for a bit of trolling.

I agree with this part, if it is indeed true. Except for the article being in trouble part. I still feel that while its existance was terminal, its execution date was probably move way up by someone with a hard-on for its demise. Must feel pretty good.

Does it seem odd that some of Wikipedia's problems with notability and reliability can be applied to themselves? After all, anyone can create and edit information on their site, which is one of the key points about discounting TMC and TMS. I assume at this point that they have a sufficiently large staff of "offically accredited" editor(s) that police the millions of articles on their site to make sure all of this "free form" posting and constant changing of articles is legit. It probably is sufficient to prevent rampant authoring of important medical information by uneducated 24 year olds from kentucky, and definately not promote them to administrators or even editors.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote