View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #42
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: Lets Talk about Voting - Shall we?

As soon as we found out about the no mud-wide rewards, we ended any such promotions. Milawe and I both apologized to Lasher in email. Since this is now public, we also apologize to other mudders for our mistake.

For YEARS, the rule was only that you couldn't reward specific people, but mud-wide rewards were fine. Because even people who didn't vote would still benefit.

I can't help but wonder why Kavir posted here instead of PMing/emailing me first to ask if I misunderstood the rule, or PMing/emailing Lasher so he could deal with it. If he had, he'd know that it had already been dealt with days prior.

As soon as someone posted the link to the updated rule on page 1, I talked to Lasher in email and had already changed our policies to comply with the rules. So the issue was already addressed and fixed.

The linked posts were on a PUBLIC forum available to anyone - even non-players. If we had been trying to do something sneaky, we definitely would not have posted it there. I also posted on the first page of this thread that I thought the rule was against specific player rewards, not mud-wide rewards. So it is pretty obvious that this was a genuine ignorance of the updated rule.

It this where we are now as a "community?" Digging through mud's forums looking for things to attack them with? And not even bothering to ask them privately first what is up, so if it is a mistake they can correct it? Wow. That's a real shame.

Last edited by Threshold : 10-12-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote