View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 08:11 AM   #16
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
My mom says I was born with an overactive imagination. I had an invisible best friend when I was three, and kept her around til I was maybe seven? Eight? Something like that. I never got into the Barbie thing, and always found reading stories more entertaining. I have always been a horrible liar, because I'd make up huge complex stories around my lies, unbelievable stories that were just so far-fetched that it was -obviously- more of a "if I had my druthers" than a "this is what really happened."

Even when we were doing the Dick and Jane stories in elementary school, I would wonder what Dick and Jane were like, outside the books. I'd make up things in my mind about their dog Spot, how he'd run away on adventures with Dick and Jane chasing after him (see Dick and Jane run after Spot. See Spot fall in a hole, and end up in China. See Jane wear her pretty new silk kimono.).

In Junior High, I had this fantasy in my head that the woods behind the local playground was a secret lair for lovers to hang out in. Sometimes I'd skip school and climb up into the playground's ENORMOUS weeping willow tree, stare out into the woods, and allow the stories to just come to me about knights and damsels in distress and dragons chasing each other through the wild strawberry bushes.

So in answer to the question - when did I get my start on roleplay, the answer is: I've been doing it for as long as I've had cognitive thought.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote