View Single Post
Old 08-04-2002, 04:09 AM   #9
Quicksilver

Quicksilver is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Quicksilver
Unhappy

LikitaRenn wrote:
 To bring this further in line with MU*s  (and not as any kind of reference to any behaviour on this forum) I'd like to use Likita's post for some opinions.
 We've had a few players who got banned for behaviour problems on our mud, and then after a couple weeks (months, days, depends on the player) they would e-mail us, or go on a friend's account and pose the same plea Likita posted above. (Content varied slightly, but all had the same general qualities. At least one claimed that we could always ban him again if he didn't behave.)
 At what point does one say enough?  We firmly believe in giving people a second chance, but in some of these cases we gave the supposedly sincere ones 4th, 5th, 6th, etc., chances, only to get this same kind of note when they got bored elsewhere.
 When do you draw the line on letting them back? Does permbanning justify NEVER letting them come back? Short of them hacking the server, how does one decide whom should not be accepted at face value?
 When does "I'm sorry! I'll never do it again. Can I come back? Puh-LEEEASSSSSSSSSSE??"
stop being accepted as being penitent enough to allow them back?
 Lenient? Draconian? Case by Case basis? Based off the player and what they do? Based off the player and what they did LAST time? Based off how many people you think might quit if they find out the person is coming back?
 All of the above?
 I would like to hear how other administrators handle this situation in a mud on a general basis.
     --QS