View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #160
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: Veterans of Roleplay Intensive MUDs

Mentioning your game in context / as example is not advertising, and isnt banned so stop bringing it up as a weapon. Personally I dont think anyone had the right to make a set of rules that define something which is purely personal, i.e how intense RP is and the fact that they HAVE is why these arguments occur.

These forums breakdowns re. RPI and its definition will stop when new definitions are penned that do not try to define an experience which can change from player to player and game to game.

I have been playing muds for a long time (double figures in years), interactive fiction since 1981, and Role playing games for just as long. I do not accept the criteria that makes an RPI game according to some set of rules that define game mechanics laid down ages ago by a dwindling group of people.

Hence I dont respect it, and laugh at anyone who can point at a list and say "Sorry Threshold, you fail on OOC channels so you are not a role play intensive game" when it was so unbelievably intensive that after 3.5 years of play I had to quit. Yet the 'rpi' game Armeggedon, so RP -Intense- I was killed walking down the street for no reason whatsoever just getting my bearings... ooooo INTENSE RP! Left me quivering and my mind buzzing from the experience... oh..wait...

New definitions need to be defined before these pointless derailings stop. The current RPI rules in my opinion should be more accuratly defined for the most part as "Real Life Mechanic" games, or "Invisible Mechanic games", or whatever it takes to distance from 'Roleplay Intensive' as the current definitions and have nothing to do with RP or its intensity. I honestly feel that the very definition of RPI some would have us accept is actually bordering on farce and false advertising

Last edited by MudMann : 10-06-2010 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Expanding end paragraph as I have not given much thought to what term can be used, or actually care that much
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote