View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 08:57 AM   #17
Enola_Phoenix

Enola_Phoenix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Enola_Phoenix Send a message via MSN to Enola_Phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Enola_Phoenix
My previous post is kind of out dated, and just to show one of the different ways I have changed building.....

1) Decide Theme based on what is needed (Leveling area, mini quest, dedication).

2) Graph the area out on Graph Paper, each cell representing a room.

3) Initiate buildwalk, and create the entire area by walking in correspondance with the graph.

4) I still like to create entire rooms, which require 4 descriptions for all rooms not flagged indoors as to allow for change of weather, with the exception of mobs/objects/progs. Because of a new feature addreset.

5) Go back to beginning room and create mobs/objects etc for all rooms (initiate add reset).

6) Decide on mini quest and hidden items. Add all the extra descriptions and progs to mobs, rooms and objects for the mini quest.

7) Use a mapper and map the area, which records rooms and mobs in the room (and since you're an immortal nothing is hidden).

8) Convert map into text file and use spell checker (horrible speller)

9) Pray, have a nice mixed drink and copyover. (Anyone who uses lots of mprogs knows about that).

10) TEST!!! Test mini quest, and all mob progs for loops etc. etc. allow another immortal to test, then a player to test, and when I say test I mean try to break it, drag the mobs abuse the loop holes find the ways around the quest.

Luckily there are a few features that make building (with OLC) almost a snap. I think coders should cater to builder needs as much as players.
Enola_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote