View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 02:53 AM   #18
Davairus

Davairus is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Where have we gone wrong? *may trigger :p*

I have been playing games since space invaders and I am pursing a degree in sciences. Though I have some way to go I can top my present classes *if I choose to apply myself*. There are a million ways to waste your damn time and procrastinate, I dont plan to make gaming the scapegoat, and that isnt just because its something I enjoy. I think my interest in gaming and computing is what put me in that place. At the age of seven I was trying to program an amstrad soundchip to produce the tunes of my favorite cartoons! You tell me that's bad. A sedinteray lifestyle, yes. Sitting in front of a CRT in a magnetic field, yes. Everything in moderation, obviously. Did you know that not eating AND over eating can kill you? It absolutely will.

As a matter of fact if you want to improve memory playing chess (a game) is a great way to do it. MUD also exercises the imagination so I see it as a worthy pastime. These full-feature MMORPG games perhaps not so much, but even with that under consideration, if you are bottling up that predatory instinct, you can do something really messed up down the road.
Davairus is offline   Reply With Quote