View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 07:13 PM   #6
Xerihae

Name: Chris
Xerihae will become famous soon enough
Re: MSP or Triggers?

I should probably mention one of the reasons I didn't go through with my idea, apart from me being a lazy git. The problem with using triggers as GMud has them is that there's no way to build into the trigger a check to see if the sound file is already being played. Therefore, what do you use to trigger the music? The room name? Possibly, but what if someone types "look"? Does it start playing again? Play two lots at the same time? Either is irritating. If your MUD supports having the area name appear in your prompt you could trigger it from that, but since you get a new prompt display every time you do an action you'd run into the same problem.

I've no idea about MSP though, because it's not something I've bothered researching. This is mainly due to the factI realised that if it's a game I play a lot rather than occasionally (something like Civ 4, most other RTS's, a lot of FPS's), I almost always turn the default music off and have my own media player running in the background as I quickly get bored of the default music playing over and over again.
Xerihae is offline   Reply With Quote