View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 09:40 AM   #3
Slanted

Slanted is on a distinguished road
What I mean by 'grind' isn't so much killing the same thing over and over again, it is doing the exact same action over and over and over again. Whether it is sparring or crafting or whatever, most MUDs have systems that require you to basically spend time doing the same commands over and over and over again. I am not 100% sure about the AL system, but it seems to have the same philosophy. Heck, the way you describe it, the system almost seems automated, which is kind of the opposite of what I am looking for. But I will give it a try.

I do remember trying to roll up a crafter in AL once and I spent 3 hours unsuccessfully trying to figure out what commands to use to even get started on crafting. I tried everything I could think of, and nobody was willing to give me any guidance, which kind of turned me off to the whole system. I am afraid that the combat system will be similiar. I know my character wants to feint, he knows how to feint, but unless I can think of some obscure command like fleftpassive or something like that, it won't work? No thanks.
Slanted is offline   Reply With Quote