View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 02:24 PM   #5
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Far more than that:

Day/night can be one of night, dawn, morning, afternoon, late afternoon, or evening/dusk.

Each season can be one of start, early, middle or end (eg at the start of autumn you'll see tree leaves turning brown, in early autumn they leaves will all be brown, and in mid- or late autumn there'll be dry leaves scattered around on the ground).

Finally, there are five types of weather: clear sky, light clouds, heavy clouds, rain and thunderstorm (rain becomes snow in winter).

So that would be 6*16*5=480 possibilities for each terrain type - although in practice, I can't think of any which actually use all the possibilities, and the vast majority only use a fraction of them.

It's just a single substition - instead of 'feet', I use '{feet}', and the dynamic description parser swaps it for the appropriate feet type (or footwear, if any). In the case of the falcon, it'd obviously display a different message, as falcons don't walk through settlements - equally if you were mounted, it would take that into account and adjust the description accordingly.

I suppose it probably would...I don't use rooms though, so it's not really an issue.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote