View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 12:58 PM   #20
Luvan

Luvan is on a distinguished road
There is an optional automap that you can choose to have, it can be turned off by typing automap. That should remove much of the nonsense you see room to room.

Also in the beginning zone there are a very large amount of rooms for a farm area that have ascii graphics in place of a actual room description, if you type brief it will completely shut off the room description and only show the room name, you could probably use that until you made it out of the area. After that there are very very few rooms (at least as far as I have encountered) with ascii grapic room descriptions.

Also there is a way to look at your score (which has lots of symbols etc in it normally) in another way which takes out all those extra symbols. The command is score2. (there are still symbols that represent your armor class, but your armor class is also given in numbers)

You can also configure your prompt (as you probably already know) to take out any symbols there.

I believe there is one more thing I was going to mention that may help but it has jumped out of my head. I hope this helps if you still want to play.
Luvan is offline   Reply With Quote