View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 10:17 AM   #11
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
But some people like ketchup - and not everyone likes filet mignon. I'd rather let everyone pick their own meal than force them all to eat filet mignon without ketchup.

What I'm trying to provide is a class with sufficient flexibility that each player can create the sort of character they would like to play - whether it be a traditional dragon, an oriental dragon, a dragon from non-mythological fiction, or even a lizardman/draconian, or a human-like character that only rides dragons. In short: If someone likes dragons, this class should support the sort of character they want to build.

If all you want is a big dragon that flies and breathes fire, then you can create exactly that, but if someone else wants to create a character modelled after the Dragon Kings from Exalted, or the Valheru, or the Dragon Highlords, or the Pern dragonriders, or a Tiste Andii Soletaken, or a Japanese Kappa, or whatever else, then they should be able to do that as well. I'm open to suggestions for expanding the class choices, but I've no interest in restricting the class to a single very specific build. It should be up to the individual player to decide what sort of dragon they're going to play.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote