Thread: RP Pet-peeves
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2004, 02:52 AM   #39
Geras

Geras is on a distinguished road
back to the "IC" tells, by tells i mean the tell command that everyone gets, not some psion skill. If it makes sense for some class/race/group of people to be telepathic, fine. But tells aren't a skill, and they don't require any magical ability whatsoever. The magic-hating warrior/barbarian can still use these "IC".

The issue isnt with differentiating between IC tells and OOC tells, its that the tell itself makes no sense - that you can communicate with anyone, anywhere, regardless of any other factors. That does not make sense, especially since you can't tell someone when they're logged of, but ICly they'd still be around... and sleeping can't account for 100% of your OOC time.

Don't split hairs with me on this "implementation" stuff, because honestly, you know what I meant. If it's actually represented as a skill, then it's a psion/mage/whatever skill, not a tell. We've all played a stock mud here at least once, so we all know what i mean by tells. The kind where you type tell XXX <message> and there is no "tell" under prac/skills/slist/whatever.
Geras is offline   Reply With Quote