View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 03:49 AM   #12
Davairus

Davairus is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Where have we gone wrong? *may trigger :p*

We are not simply animals but we have established our rule over the animal kingdom through killing and conquest. That's how the human race likes to get things done. These games allow us to experience our "dark sides", and how wonderful they feel to satisfy! The problem is not with the people re-living it - its with the "civilized" people labelling this as "savage". It is in everybody in fairly equal capacity, no matter how civilized the country. I can state this with confidence having deliberately discussed it already with many people who would be considered reserved and far from htat. We can go nuts. So best to go ahead and just release that, because it is a part of you that will force itself to the surface if you try to bottle it up. Look at the story of Chris Benoit for instance. I am a very calm and patient person when I am not slaying the undead in droves in pixels, but I can 100% identify with the desire to want to strangle somebody dear. I realise that sounds morbid but I would like you to think about how you really feel deep down sometimes. Being nothing more than a civilized "monkey in a suit" has its bad points, just consider how often we read about "quiet people" going postal. Gaming is beneficial for many reasons that governments dont approve of, hence all these studies by so-called experts (they have to do bogus research to get their government funding, and the government chooses what to fund). In fact they are already trying to stigma them as addictions, or causing violence , or just being a waste of time, when the truth is that violent nature was ALWAYS THERE, and the games are therapeutic!! But keep smoking, they won't bother you over that as long as you are paying taxes. Die quicker and pay more. Thats the fundamental law of humans. We kill for survival and sometimes for just gain. The dodo went extinct because its eggs tasted nice. Enjoy your clear-conscience gaming and do not be ashamed of what you are, but you must be aware of it to be in control of it.

Last edited by Davairus : 04-28-2008 at 04:07 AM.
Davairus is offline   Reply With Quote