View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 11:56 PM   #83
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Documented fact on some random forum poster's websites?

The governor of Illinois abolished the death penalty in that state because too many deathrow convictions (which require a level proof that, shall we say, exceeds what has ever been presented against Medievia by quite a lot) were found out to be simply wrong. Is it so inconceivable that some forum posters might actually be wrong about something as complicated as intellectual property and licensing?

I edited my last post and you may have been writing this one as I edited my last one, but see my point in my previous post about nobody asking them to forgive. Since when is there expected to be no barrier between thought and mouth? I don't walk down the street screaming insults at people whose cars bear pro-Bush stickers, and the issues there are so serious as to make Medievia's alleged crimes absolutely, completely inconsequential. What's so difficult about expecting restraint from a group of educated adults? I mean, from my point of view, Bush's actions are crimes against humanity. And yet, I'm able to restrain myself. Surely restraint on such a comparitively minor issue as Medievia should be -easy-.

Wouldn't the fair way to stop flames be to punish the people issuing the flames rather than punish the victim? (Since in the context of the forum, Soleil is the victim, if not in the context of the larger mud community were one to give in to the assumption of Medievia's guilt.)

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote