View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 06:38 PM   #98
Yui Unifex

Yui Unifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Yui Unifex Send a message via AIM to Yui Unifex
Documented fact on some website that just so happens to have a signed statement from Vryce vouching for its authenticity.

There is a fundamental difference between laws and ethics. I reckon the majority of those who have feelings on the subject (myself included) find moral fault with the actions of Medievia.

I have released a couple of codebases to the public domain. Is stripping out the credits and claiming them as your own legal? Yes. Is it ethical by most ethical standards? No.

The veracity of one crime does not diminish that of another. If you'd like to address specific insulting posters then feel free, but you're misunderstanding if you think I am defending the actions of either side. The flames were deleted at the same time Soleil was banned. Both sides have fault: One for breaking the general forum rules, the other for earning such an incredible level of disrespect in the community.

That would be a fair way to stop the flames, surely, but it would not stem the overall disrespect. This is an issue far larger than a mere flame war or two, and any punitive actions taken must keep this in mind.
Yui Unifex is offline   Reply With Quote