View Single Post
Old 02-12-2003, 06:16 PM   #5
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Do you recall if the person who spoke to you was Romeo or Juliet? They are the shell characters that our Guides use to help newbies. If it was one of them, I apologize, as a Guide should know better than to direct that kind of question to the newbie channel (which is for questions relating to Achaea, for newbies).

I didn't reply to the previous post because after reading the thread, I didn't see any reason to dignify it(not so much referring to your post as a couple of the following ones. You, at least, had a semi-valid complaint, though the idea of generalizing the behavior of 5000+ people from one sentence by one person is a bit off.) with a public response. I mean, no offence, but some of the posts on this site seem like they're written by hormonally-challenged teenagers who are upset at the world, and I've got better things to do than deal with them. I generally don't even participate in this kind of forum, specifically because of the total lack of professionalism that certain community members routinely revel in.

I did e-mail you using the TMS message system to find out which admin said that, but either it's broken and you never got it (which seems likely, as I've mailed two people recently using it, and got responses from neither), or you ignored it.

For future reference, just type HELP <whatever> and you'll either be presented with a help file, or a search-engine-style list of files that may be relevant with short excerpts from those files. HELP CUSTOMER SERVICE, for example, pulls up the 'customerservice' help file, among others.

You could also mail in the future, or even I try to answer all email that I get, and we have a couple people manning the support address.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote