View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
Saire

Saire is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for a MUD (tired of playing MMOs)

Lets see....

I would suggest either New Worlds or Geas. I've played both. I'm currently playing New Worlds again and am enjoying it... In NW there are a variety of things to do that you can choose from. There is a merchant guild but I'm not too sure about it, exactly what you do in it. I know you cook things and change people's appearances and can make armour and stuff (I'm not sure how the making of armour and clothes goes though). You can kill mobs, fish, plant flowers/vegetables.. deep sea fish on a ship, whaling on a different ship... I think there's even battle on the sea that's possible. And the RP community is easy to find. Especially after you join a guild. You have to RP to join a guild to begin with.

In geas... there are multitudes of things to do! Never ending almost. Its a level-less classless MUD though so its a lot different than NW. There are crafting guilds and other guilds to join, you can join more than one at a time. The RP community is a little harder to find on there but not impossible. Most of the crafting and things you do are "time based" so to speak.. you do something for a limited time and then you can repeat it. You get better by doing it.

Both are fantasy based
Saire is offline   Reply With Quote