View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: Savage Realm - ROM 2.4 based MUD seeking builders/coders! Serious RPers only!

The term RPI was never used in the description of this work, and there are loads of Role Play Enforced games that use xp and levels and some of those games have astonishingly good RP. I think you are getting your arguments / definitions mixed up.

Role play enforced is one of those definitions that is honestly very hard to get confused about.

As for developing a new code base.. why not? Again, you use RPI examples when this has not been established as an RPI game.

Good luck with the game Aermyn, and good luck with developing your code base.. an arduous task to be sure, but very satisfying if you pull it off. I sadly have limited time for MUD's right now to try a new one, or assist in building, and the limited time I do have is already spent on a new RPE game, with a NEW codebase.. and that is turning out very nicely..

it also has levels, XP, stats, and also an OOC channel.. but the RP still manages to be awesome!
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote