View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
Verbannon

Home MUD: Shadowgate
Verbannon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Verbannon
Re: There I was, there I was, there I was ...

Welcome. And I honestly, can understand only about half your post. But I understood the part about you are looking for games with exploring. Shadowgate has a large world. I can't honestly say how large as the imms don't even know that, but even the players that have been exploring for decades will admit there is a lot left for even them to explore. Its just that huge. I cannot exaggerate its size, nor the complexity.

You see, in Shadowgate's hey dey it had dozens of builders working on it at once, because the imms used to teach anyone who wanted how to build and they would learn by building an area and most of these people liked to experiment with their areas. So its huge., its ginormous. You'll never, ever, ever run out of places to explore no matter how long you play.

Though now there are only around maybe half a dozen coders left.

And there are no guilds, (They were turned off because people didn't RP them right), its illegal to actually show someone new around an area they have to explore themselves, there is not much of an economy to figure out and except for flat bonuses, the exact properties of equipment are hidden from the players to promote choice based on RP.
Verbannon is offline   Reply With Quote