View Single Post
Old 04-20-2003, 01:45 AM   #61
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
I find it rather disturbing. I take roleplay very seriously, do you think I would go into an acting class and act out a very imitate scene with another male acting the female part? ####-****ing-no. I find it no different, the person on the other end is the one playing the role, I think they should stick to at least what they have known their entire lives-- their own gender. It's nice to try for experimentation sake, of course being an avid roleplayer you want to experience everything involved with it, which includes crossing the gender line, same with acting, robin williams in Mrs. Doubtfire, Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie, --it IS a challenge for actors, but as you will notice, those are both comedies, the whole basis of a male playing a female role is typically and commonly comedic, if you do see a male playing a female in movies it will nearly ALWAYS be comedic, because that's just what it is, hilarious. It isn't something to be taken seriously, which is why I won't when I find out the person on the other end is actually male. Just my opinion about it, thanks.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote