View Single Post
Old 02-12-2003, 10:57 PM   #5
Kitsune

Kitsune is on a distinguished road
Why should strength matter?

Are you looking to roll-play or role-play?

If it's roll-play - by all means you should go to the wall and try to max your flows.

If its role-play, don't feel bad. Most people out there define their "role-play" as needing to be the strongest or the most beautiful or the most powerful or the blah blah blah. Its just something people do when they are getting starting in role-play. It allows them to be something other than what they are (most rl folks are relatively 'normal', no?), which is the purpose of role-play. It also is an easy way to identify your character, "I'm the kewlest!" Unfortunately, it is not altogether the most unique way of identifying your individuality so then you have the obligatory ****ing contests of who is the most "rox0r" or whatever it is.

If you're in it for the role-play then let your character's character be their character, as opposed to their stats. I used to have a player beg to be Nynaeve on the game I used to co-admin because she wanted to be the strongest channeler. Yet, when it came to every other alt she had she could not come up with a simple history.

All depends on what you're looking to get out of the game.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote