View Single Post
Old 11-07-2002, 02:50 AM   #48
Iluvatar

Iluvatar is on a distinguished road
This thread really bothers me since I know the effort that Thoric and Neranz and a bunch of others have put into it. Oh yes, I realize the legal ramifications as so many have quickly pointed out quite logically and correctly, but I also see perhaps too vehemently. To me, perhaps silly of me too, but I see it is as a fledgling publication that caters to what I want to read and would like to see it continue. I received my first issue, looked at the postage cost and immediately thought Thoric was nuts but I admired the stones he had to offer it. *Shrug* my two cents I guess.

I would advise him to "POST UPDATES" to the website perhaps to quell the grousing, or even maybe go to publishing twice a year until he has a stockpile of articles that allow 40 pages quarterly guaranteed (holding a good group in reserve to meet deadlines). Perhaps charging a teeny bit more to at least cover the postage fees would be good too. Heck, his production rate of articles is way better so far than our typical production rate of subordinate builder zones I bet.

I would certainly like my fourth issue as I'm sure all of you would, but I feel I've received my $10 bucks worth already and I'm satisfied I will receive my fourth issue eventually since he says it will happen. If he changes his offer to something he can actually guarantee compliance with I will even resubscribe.

I'm pretty sure all the negative feedback here and dissatisfied customers mailing his website have probably killed his altruistic enterprise, but this is Thoric guys, please cut him some slack? He and his staff are trying and apparently got in over their heads from lack of publishing experience and the "volunteers have real lives" bug.
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote