View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #10
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Welcome back to me!

Maybe, I've always thought the term completely lame as it refers to Multi User Dungeon which is has its origins in D&D and Dungeon Masters of which father was one and used a university computer to create dungeons long before online MUDs came around.

Again as stated above the term MUD is exactly that. I actually think the term MMORPG is also lame as ORPG is simpler and more astetically pleasing. I mean who walks around asking their friends, "hey man, been to Death Hall? What's that? It's a Massively Multi Player On Line Role Playing Game, dude, or M.M.O.R.P.G. for short. You call that a short acronym? Yeah man, what could be shorter?" LOL. I hang out with alot of gamers and no one says that or uses the term except the people who write articles.

Anyway, I digress. I think the term MUD is a bad and so is MMORPG, so NWA is planning a global campaign soon that uses neither of these terms in a effort to bring in more people to our community. Hopefully this will build up TMS and TMC and even bring many more players to pther games here.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote