View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #17
shadowfyr

shadowfyr will become famous soon enough
Yeah. For muds that have fixed staff and no volunteer coders, that is likely the case. The problem is, its not just there that you see generic stuff with some mobs glued onto them. I admit that since better quality control and new staff took over where I play things have gotten better, but there is **still** too many cases of, "Here are a bunch of rooms. I put monsters in them. One has a key you need to open the locked boxes in the other room. Go kill stuff. You will win a quest point if you find the key and open the box." Yawn!!

Mind you, part of the problem is that complex interaction wasn't built in to start with, so examples are lacking in how to do it, but still, some people are managing to make the rest look silly already and they are barely doing anything more interesting than the previous bunch. A lot of them get in, start coding, find out it is harder than they thought and just decide to finish without doing any of the interesting stuff they planned too, which is hardly helpful either.
shadowfyr is offline   Reply With Quote