View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 08:58 AM   #5
Traveler

Traveler is on a distinguished road
I am fully aware Merlin cannot be proven as an actual historical character but I was referring more to an Edison Marshall style Merlin then a Grail Lore style of Merlin.

I have played various I.R.E. games including Lusternia. They do have wonderfully built locations in game and interesting class options. Lusternia was however the poorest experience I have ever had in an on-line gaming environment. I won't blame the entirety of the staff but I will blame the player the base in Lusternia specifically.

I will give Lusternia its 'props'. I can think of quite a few other games, table-top, CCG, online and otherwise would benefit from the steam roller pace at which Lusternia rolls out new 'toys'. It is a veritable smorgasbord. The converse is that I encountered a high level of spite, hate, and pettiness from players in Lusternia and it appeared that the staff on occasion kowtowed to said behavior in order to try and silence it. It seemed every effort I made to RP based upon what I thought was expected from the Lore I made an immediate enemy IG and OOG. I eventually retreated to Achaea short term where the cliché is that RP is dead but at least I was safe from verbal assault.

I've considered Armageddon in the past but I'm not overly fond of the Dark Sun theme. it does sound promising so perhaps I'll give it a go.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote