View Single Post
Old 09-22-2002, 07:26 PM   #52
Ingham

Another idea might be to have p2p* muds actually pay for their listing. Sounds unfair? Not at all, remember these muds are there to make money so they can and are very able to pay for a commision fee, unlike most of the muds which involves one person paying hosting costs with no money made on his/her mud whatsoever. Businesses pay for advertising IRL, businesses pay for advertising online as well. I fail to see why businesses dealing with muds should be an exception to this rule.

That, coupled with a very clear indication (dollar signs idea sounded good) to indicate p2p muds both seem like decent ideas to me imho. True, this keeps advertisement a major factor, but people will be able to recognize p2p muds without effort now and the money made on em could be very well put to use to pay for the hosting of this site, community events and hiring a webdesigner. (I swear, TMS looks like it's stuck in 1992 with it's current front page layout. A nice redo with stunning graphics, dynamic content and more easy of use wouldn't hurt. And I'll maim the first person who mentions Flash.)

* = Pay to play, not peer to peer. Peer to peer muds would be a rather silly thing. Then again, so are pay to play muds because all you're doing is typing text and paying money. Like doing my essays and paying me for it. Any takers?