View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 09:02 PM   #17
Rhuarc

Rhuarc is on a distinguished road
Well -- the test I did was definately oriented towards an approximation of how events might appear in MudCore. But how is it not testing event queue operations? As far as the list and vector reviews not showing proper ordering, the order should not matter, since each element is visited anyway.

Maybe in your system. In MudCore however, there are reasons to review events and possibly act on or modify them dependant on the state of the actor, world, or particular rule-set being applied at the time. This is why I stated earlier that flexibility was important to us.

You'll notice, I'm only iterating through the members of the queue that are firing, once I get beyond those members, it leaves the loop.

So - in your system, you rarely have events that happen in the same time cycle? One of the reasons I coded the TimeQueue() to iterate through the events, is because we have alot of events that happen in the same time cycle.

One interesting note about my testing is that in release mode, this same test shows the priority_queue running faster, by almost 2/100ths of a second, instead of the much slower speed shown here.
Rhuarc is offline   Reply With Quote