View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 12:40 AM   #2
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Re: Veterans of Roleplay Intensive MUDs

Three of the present eight members of the RPMUD Committee used to play RPIs but don't anymore. Of the staff of TSOY, the RPI I've been working on developing since 2005, four of my five staff are former RPI players who have given up on the existing ones and don't even play MUDs at all any more as a result (one of the motivations in starting and persisting in keeping TSOY alive despite our trials and tribulations is the hope of providing a RPI that will appeal to the veterans of the genre who have since left it in frustration). I can think of a several other former players and admins who've turned their back on RPIs, most on MUDs altogether. These don't even take into account the natural process of life dragging people away from MUDding due to jobs, family, children, etc. Each of the people I've mentioned so far voluntarily quit RPIs and MUDs in general. As a result, you're going to find it very difficult to get them to post responses. Even if they were still playing MUDs it would be hard since none of the individuals I've listed had accounts here even when they were still playing. It's been my experience that most RPI players don't really integrate themselves into the greater MUD community as they're interested in that particular type of MUD or even just a particular game rather than MUDs as a whole.

Jason aka Falco

Last edited by prof1515 : 08-26-2010 at 12:40 AM. Reason: typo
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote