View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #7
Saire

Saire is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for a mud with complex economy with crafting

Hello there,

I'm going to tell you about a MUD that I have played for awhile... off and on. Given I don't know a lot about it I'm not sure how helpful it will all be, but maybe it will be.

Geas has crafting. It has four different types of guilds, crafting guilds are one of them. And, I personally believe that the alchemist guild could easily fall into that category too. I've played an alchemist, so I will tell you what that was like. You go around and search for herbs. You then analyze those herbs, otherwise, you won't know what they are or what they can be used in. You then mix potions, taking the appropriate herbs that will make the potion you're looking to create. You appraise those potions to learn more. This system as you can see is.. complex. Its very time consuming too. I'm not sure about the other guilds but in my opinion this can grow tiresome, at least at first while you are learning all of this. In the end though I think it would be worth the trouble.

I would suggest taking all of this at stride. Do some crafting, do some fishing, do some mining, do some hunting and then more crafting. But, that's just my style, I like to vary it up.

Lets see... I am unsure about the economy in Geas, I never got that far to see what it was like once I could sell those potions. But, I think you can sell the potions in the alchemist shop, OR to adventurers if you so choose. And that's just the alchemists, there are other guilds to choose from as well.

The game is labeled as "RP enforced" but I have seen no .... paragraph long, wind bagged emotes that have no meaning or the type of RP you have stated you don't like. There's no need to write long drawn out biographies. Just enjoy the world, the complexities of battle, crafting, gathering and whatever else your heart desires! Geas has MANY options, I have only scraped the surface of this world! You should give it a try
Saire is offline   Reply With Quote