View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 02:34 PM   #18
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Valg wrote:
Why, exactly? Currently (and I realize we're only about 1/4 of the way into the current voting cycle), places 60-40 look like this in terms of the 'out' votes, starting at place #60 and ending at place #40:

Wow, what a massive difference! Heh.

Really? Odd. Each of the two biggest MUDs currently have brought more traffic here this cycle (each one, not combined) than ALL of the MUDs ranked 40-100, combined. The top 20 MUDs combined have brought in, this cycle so far, over seven times as much traffic as 40-100 have.

So tell me again how the MUDs ranked mid-to-low bring all this traffic here? I'm sure you have some numbers to back up your assertion, right?

Incidentally, I buy more ads here than anyone else, I think (minimally am one of the top 2 advertisers). I know what motivates me to buy ads, and it's not the low ranked MUDs, which contribute very little overall to the site's value to me as an advertiser.

(And before anyone gets all huffy, that's not saying those MUDs don't have value. MUDs that send little traffic here just don't have much value to an advertiser here.)

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote