View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 01:35 PM   #113
Bakha

Bakha is on a distinguished road
Re: How many muds have permadeath?

First of all, I can only speak for Armageddon, because that's the main mud with which I have enough experience and information. The only time that a rez (resurrection) is granted on Armageddon is when the death was the result of some bug or bad piece of code. I've seen numerous beloved, powerful, long-lived, PCs whose players are well liked by staff die in the dumbest and most inconsequential ways without any discussion of rez. It stinks at times because these PCs may be involved in multiple world-spanning plots that fizzle and die due to the deaths. The temptation is always there, but adherence to staff policy keeps it from becoming a practice.

Also, I don't want to demean your knowledge of RPIs in the least, but you do seem to have quite a few misconceptions about the games. I notice that the misconception you speak of here is often the type of information that disgruntled RPI players throw around as the reason they don't like the games or the reason they hate the staff. Time after time, I've seen this accusation leveled against staff of Armageddon (that they play favorites and grant rezzes to their favorite players and long lived players). I've seen this as a player, and I've see it from the staff side. Almost every time this accusation is leveled, the accuser's view of things is incomplete and distorted.

My point is that it sounds like you're getting much of your information about RPIs from people who might not truly offer you an accurate view.
Bakha is offline   Reply With Quote