View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
Kavi

Home MUD: Elan Vital
Kavi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kavi Send a message via MSN to Kavi Send a message via Yahoo to Kavi
Advertising Woes

Hey all. They call me Kavi (of course), and I happen to be one of the primary staffers on a new MUSH called Elan Vital.

By new, I mean really very new. January first being the "official" opening date new (though we've had RP on the grid since early December), and as I'm sure you all know, one of the biggest hurtles anybody with a new game has to cross is just finding players. EV is not my first stab at starting some version of roleplay somewhere, and I have never, ever been able to overcome this particular deathtrap. So this time, I'm prepared to go for some new options I maybe haven't tried yet... or might cost me a little more.

Now, I have really a very tight budget for this project. Free advertising that works is always best, but I'm fully aware that such a think is nigh impossible to find. So if any of you have an affordable pay-per-advert site in mind that might do the trick, please, suggest away! I'll listen to pretty much anything at this point.

It's a sci-fi/fantasy MUSH, in case that helps. I dunno if it's relevant at all, but I can see how it could be in some situations.

I've found it to be a vicious cycle--players want games with lots of players, but you can't get a lot of players without, well, players. It's an issue I'm not quite sure how to fix. The players we do have are active, the RP-quality is high, and we've got the logs to prove it... but I think the sheer numbers on our wholist are scaring newbies off.

So. Ideas? Recommendations? Suggestions? How have some of you advertised your MU*s, and found players? Thank you very much for any help you can give--I'd really, really hate to see this place go down.
Kavi is offline   Reply With Quote