View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
Will

Will is on a distinguished road
Re: Achieving a balance?

I hear you. This is exactly the type of game I enjoy.

To this end, I've been building a game based on the concepts you describe: fast and furious combat that makes advancement an adventure instead of a chore, a world with context that encourages serious RP, lots of geography to explore and tons of stuff to do beyond leveling. It includes an interwoven economy of resources with skills that allow players to obtain materials and craft them into items of use and power. Buying and selling among players is important in my book, and the only way to make that happen lies through allowing characters to create interesting stuff that's a lot more than just fluff.

I have a narrative fleshed out which I believe will foster role-play. When it comes to RP and world context, I believe in two foundational elements: 1) History with enough depth and complexity to inspire spontaneous stories without rigidly defining character roles, and 2) Player character initiated and driven plots. If I, as gamemaster, have to determine the course of events and the direction of history, I might as well type the stories up and send 'em out in email.

Anyway, I hope you find what you're looking for. I'm always looking too.

Will is offline   Reply With Quote