View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
Cor

Cor is on a distinguished road
Re: Just bored, help

I know what you mean about RP games with an absurd grind that, honestly, makes no sense in a roleplaying-enforced game.

Shattered Kingdoms is an RP game but leveling goes at a decent pace. The skill system is practice-oriented, with the caveat that you can (and are probably better off to) learn from other players. I never got too far involved in the game but I hear that it combines RP and PK pretty well.

Forgotten Kingdoms is similar, but is more D&D oriented if you like feats, memorizing spells, and a fairly fleshed-out representation of Faerun (which, admittedly, docks it from the 'original world' point).

IRE games aren't RP-enforced but more often than not they have decent roleplayers (especially Lusternia), and advancement isn't terrible there either. Like SK, other characters can teach you. Of course, they have microtransactions which may scare some off.

--

Conversely, you'd probably want to stay away from New Worlds or Threshold, as they are RP games that literally take forever to advance meaningfully (if you're not playing one of them already). Decent places for roleplay, but the grind is grueling.

Hopefully some of these suggestions help, or at least point you in the right direction.
Cor is offline   Reply With Quote