Thread: SEX!
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 01:13 PM   #67
Shane

Shane is on a distinguished road
I never said that. (Edited to add: Actually I very appologeticly and specifically said the exact opposite directly TO YOU, Tim.  What gives here?)

I said that to accuse Christians of being somehow unique in their desperate hangups about sex and nudity would take more than stringing together cultures with small populations and insisting they make up some sort of norm from which Christianity has fatally strayed.

Wikipedia has been compared favorably to professionally created  encyclopedias and has an organizational philosophy that belies the insulting tone you use in reference to it.  It is at heart a lovely example of how people can free themselves of academic snobbery for which I find your quote regarding people no longer having a right to their opinions somewhat symptomatic.

To me, if one wants to prove tha Christianity is a horrible abomination when it comes to its effect on sexuality, one needs to make reference to something besides a group of little known people groups who form an exception, and not the rule, regarding such things.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote