View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
CaptainLepidus

CaptainLepidus is on a distinguished road
Looking for builders, or building tips

Hi,

I'm a coder working on a new MUD (after all this time). It's web-based and set in a post-apocalyptic steamjunk universe. I'm not using any code base - half the fun is inventing my own engine. This means that I can add basically any features that are necessary.

The world, ideally, would be large and fully open. Players could explore anywhere (within reason) at any time. This means building will be a lot of effort, but more on that in a second.

As to gameplay, there will be combat, as well as exploration, and ideally a strong social element. The main thing to keep players interested would be periodic "events" - game-wide events where any player could take part, and the world could change because of it.

Now, here's where I'm stuck: I can write acceptably, but building a large scale-world is hard for a beginner. I'd appreciate some help on this area - whether it be people building for my MUD, or simply tips on how to build properly. If anyone's interested in helping out, I can provide more detail on the current plans for the world.

Thanks!
CaptainLepidus is offline   Reply With Quote