Thread: Weather systems
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2002, 03:28 PM   #17
Ashon

Ashon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Ashon Send a message via AIM to Ashon Send a message via MSN to Ashon Send a message via Yahoo to Ashon
The problem that I see with the changing of the terrain are the constraints that we've decided on to make the system easier to code. First off, the terrain, and organic density are the biggest parts of the equation. Here are my thoughts so far on a system to actually change the terrain: As the weather changes it affects the following components: Organic Density and Tempature.

Seeing as how we just have a skeleton system right now and Organic Density is just a number, I imagine that it would be modified by tempature, becoming more/less depending on the increase/decrease of temp. Which in turn would affect the tempature more...

I suppose that I need to put more thought into what Organic Density means, and should be affected by...

muh... we are still in development and no-where near completion... but if you are interested, you should check my profile for appropriate links and whatnot...
Ashon is offline   Reply With Quote